Private Tour of Delaware Botanic Gardens
Join us at the Delaware Botanic Gardens for a private tour for customers of Inland Bays Garden Center. Your tour guides will be Carol McCloud, VP Board of Directors and HR Director and Stephen Pryce Lea, Director of Horticulture and Educational programming. DBG will be closed to the public for the occasion so our group will the only guests at the gardens.
Learn about the history of the Delaware Botanic Gardens as well as all its completed features on the 37-acre property. See the world-renowned Piet Oudolf 2-acre meadow which blooms from June through fall with 70,000 perennial plants & grasses. The other areas you will also see are:
– Folly Garden with 37,500 flowering bulbs, shrubs and trees and new reflecting pool
– Learning Garden with its non-tidal freshwater wetland
– East & West Woodland Edge Gardens (flowering throughout spring, summer and fall)
– 5 Inland Dunes
– 12.5 acres of The Woodland Gardens and paths
– Woodland Bridge
– 1,000 ft. of waterfront on Pepper Creek
– Living Shoreline restoration and viewing platform
– Rhyne Garden with 12,000 native plants, 300 flowering shrubs and 34 red Maple trees
– Charles Anderson Family Holly Tree Collection
– Azalea Collection
Complimentary “summer time” lunch in the garden prepared by Holly Fluty Dempsey, founder of ReWild Delmarva.
This is a walking tour and all the pathways are all ADA compliant.
Delaware Botanic Gardens at Pepper Creek
30220 Piney Neck Road, Dagsboro, DE, 19939