Summer Solstice Tour Delaware Botanic Gardens
Meet at the Delaware Botanic Gardens for a private tour for customers of Inland Bays Garden Center. Your tour guides will be Carol McCloud, VP Board of Directors, Tour Director & Guide, Volunteer Director, and HR Director and Stephen Pryce Lea, Director of Horticulture. DBG is closed to the public on Tuesday so our group will the ONLY guests at the gardens.
You will learn about the history of the Delaware Botanic Gardens as well as all its completed features on the 37-acre property. It is a walking tour. The pathways are all ADA compliant. You will see the world-renowned Piet Oudolf 2-acre meadow which blooms from June through fall with 70,000 perennial plants & grasses.
The other areas you will also see are:
• The Folly Garden with 37,500 flowering bulbs, shrubs and trees and new reflecting pool
• The Learning Garden with its non-tidal freshwater wetland
• The East & West Woodland Edge Gardens (flowering throughout spring, summer and fall)
• 5 Inland Dunes
• 12.5 acres of The Woodland Gardens and paths
• Woodland Bridge
• 1,000 ft. of waterfront on Pepper Creek
• Living Shoreline restoration and viewing platform
• The Rhyne Garden with 12,000 native plants, 300 flowering shrubs and 34 seedless red Maple trees, blooming from May through August.
• The Charles Anderson Family Holly Tree Collection
• The Azalea Collection
Complimentary snack and beverage provided at the end of the tour.